IBA: Fourth-Time Winner of Government Quality Award
On February 28, 2011 the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus issued Resolution#248 that approves the decisions of the Award Commission of the Government of the Republic of Belarus on achievements in quality management in 2010. JV IBA (International Business Alliance) was awarded a laureate diploma. The award was given for efficient quality management, resulting in the provision of competitive products and services in the following areas:
- Design, development and maintenance of software products
- Design, development, and production of IBA personal computers, IBA servers, and IBA information and transaction terminals, as well as servicing and maintenance of computer equipment and banking systems.
IBA participated in the award competition in 1999, 2002, 2005, and 2010 and each time was selected a laureate.
The competitors were assessed based on nine criteria. Of these, five are related to an organization's quality capabilities and four to results for the current year and last five years.
The Government Commission examined the data that IBA submitted, inspected company's workplaces, and considered expert conclusions. The findings highlighted the following IBA's strengths:
- Global presence and customer geography
- High level of HR management
- Effective quality management systems
- SEI CMMI Level 4
- Innovation and mobility
- Assistance to government institutions in the resolution of automation problems.
The Government's Quality Award is the most important award in Belarus. It is a guarantee that an organization provides high quality products that hold leading positions on the national market. Since its institution, more than 170 organizations of different branches and industries were selected as laureates. Many of these use IBA's solutions, including Belarusian Automobile Plant, Beltelecom, Belarusian Metallurgical Plant, MAZ Kupava, Belarusian Railway, and Milavitsa.