BSU Scientists Win PTFair Awards
From March 12 to March 14, a large-scale technical fair PTFair was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia. All projects of the Belarusian State University (BSU) presented at the show won PTFair awards, namely a Grand Prix, six gold and thirteen silver medals, and two diplomas.
The technology of chemical and electrochemical deposition of functional nickel boron coating won a special Grand Prix in the category Successful sales promotion. The innovative technology was developed by the Research Institute for Physical and Chemical Problems of the Belarusian State University and was presented within the contest Best Innovative Project and Best Invention of the Year.
The innovation developed by the BSU scientists is a set of technologies of electrochemical and chemical deposition with different coating options. The invention is designed to impart the protective functional properties to the components made of various metal materials and to manufacture protective hologram marks.
The following BSU developments received gold medals of the St.Petersburg Technical Fair:
- Alma Meter, a multifunctional measuring system in the category Instrument engineering and artificial sensory organs
- Comprehensive robotic systems intended for sealing contours using foam polyurethane and silicone compositions in the category Mechanical engineering and metallurgy
- Switching power supplies for 1-10 kW high-power plants in the category Energy saving, secondary energy sources, biofuel, and biogas
- Development and use of multi-element refracting X-ray lenses in the category Best result of intellectual activity, including patents, utility models, publications, and theses
- Pharmaceutical drug based on nanosomal sensitizer of a new generation used for photodynamic therapy of tumors with activation by IR short-range light in the category Nanosystems, Nanodevices, Nanomaterials, and Nanotechnologies
- Mixtures for manufacturing of dietary enriched macaroni products for infants that suffer from protein metabolism disorder in the category Medicine, Sanitation, Preventive care, Healthy lifestyle, Tourism, and Medical equipment.
To see other BSU projects presented at the St.Petersburg Technical Fair please visit the BSU Research and Development website
More about Science and Education in Belarus
IBA Group University Relations